CORONAVIRUS - COVID-19 - PANDEMIC UPDATE
We at The Scan Clinic, started with a simple goal - Quality Healthcare with a Personal Touch. It is this mission that continues to drive us to this day and in this current global crisis. We continually strive to find the right balance between delivering on our mission and maintaining high levels of health and safety for our clients as well as our staff.
We have always maintained high levels of cleanliness and infection control and since the start of the pandemic have taken additional daily infection control measures across the clinic as well as ensuring all staff have adequate PPE (personal protective equipment).
You will notice that some of our services are no longer available at the moment and this is because we are limiting our range of available services to essential scans only until further notice.
We have been continually monitoring the ongoing situation and taking all official guidance, however as this is an evolving situation the information and guidelines given below are subject to change and can change with immediate effect. We appreciate this can be challenging but please bear in mind that the steps we take are for the health and safety of all our staff and clients and we really appreciate your support and understanding to follow them.
Prior to your appointment
- Online Self-Referral/ Registration form - All clients will be sent a link to an online registration form with their appointment confirmation email. This must be completed prior to attending your appointment. If you do not receive this within 24-48 hours of making a booking please check your Junk/Spam folder in your mailbox and if it is still not there then please contact our customer care team (details below).
- Pre Booking COVID-19 Checklist - All clients making a booking will be asked a couple of short questions regarding COVID-19 related symptoms and history - the answers to these may affect the ability for us to book you in for an appointment, please discuss this further with our customer care team.
Attending your appointment
- Face Covering - All clients/visitors/partners, etc. entering the clinic are reminded that it is mandatory to wear face masks when entering the clinic, if you do not have one then you will be able to purchase one.
- Clinic Access- Only clients that have a pre-booked appointment will be allowed entry to the clinic. Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes before your appointment time, if you do then we would kindly ask you to wait outside until you are either called in by us or it is less than 10 minutes to go.
- Hand Cleaning - All clients are requested to either wash or sanitise their hands upon entry to the clinic, hand sanitise stations are made available. Furthermore we are also encouraging and recommending clients to regularly wash their hands and sanitise using hand sanitisers which are made available around the clinic.
- Social Distancing - We are limiting the number of clients allowed in the waiting room at one time, as well as increasing the spacing between seating. If the waiting area is at capacity then no further clients will be allowed entry until the number reduces.
- Temperature Checks - You will be asked to submit to a temperature check using a non-contact method upon entry.
- Guests - We are NOT allowing any guests/visitors in to the clinic UNLESS you are booked for a pregnancy scan in which case we are following the latest guidelines from the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG) and allowing ONE guest/partner to attend your pregnancy scan with you. We understand and appreciate how difficult this can be for some patients however we must follow official guidelines and do our best to minimise risk of transmission. Please also note we are NOT allowing any children to enter the clinic. For guests/partners attending pregnancy scans he/she will need to complete a COVID-19 questionnaire upon entry.
- Important Note - We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone who does not meet the entry criteria, comply with our entry checks, fails or refuses to complete a COVID-19 questionnaire or presents a potential health and safety risk.
If you have any questions, queries or concerns about any of this then please get in touch with our customer care team who are more than happy to help.
Hand hygiene is important please ensure you are washing your hands regularly with soap and water or a disinfectant.
Click the links: NHS or Public Health England for updates and advice on Coronavirus - COVID-19.