Neck Ultrasound Scan
Offpeak is Wednesday,
Discount applied at checkout
What does the Neck Ultrasound Scan include?
Ultrasound assessment of soft tissues within the Neck
Swollen neck lumps / lymph nodes
Ultrasound assessment of the Thyroid if indicated
Reasons for a Neck Ultrasound Scan ..
Objective of the Neck Ultrasound Scan
The purpose of the neck, thyroid ultrasound scan is to assess the following:
- Neck Lumps
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes
- Thyroid gland if indicated
Why choose the scan clinic for your Neck Ultrasound Scan
We pride ourselves on providing the best quality service we can which is why we are trusted by GP's, doctors, physiotherapists, midwives and many other healthcare professionals.
Our mission of better quality healthcare for everyone is at the heart of everything we do and drives us to do the best we can for each and every patient that we see. Our team of experts have years of experience and are fully registered and regulated meaning you are in safe hands with us.
What does the Neck Ultrasound Scan involve?
During the scan, you will be asked to uncover the area being scanned, hence we advise to wear suitable loose clothing and a small amount of ultrasound gel will be placed over your skin.
An ultrasound camera (‘probe’) will then be placed on top and moved along and around the area. This results in a picture appearing on the ultrasound monitor and patient TV which will be translated by the clinical specialist/ medical practitioner.
The ultrasound scan itself usually lasts around 10-15 minutes and is pain-free. At the end of the scan, a verbal summary of the results will be provided, as well as your opportunity to ask any questions.
How do I prepare*
- No specific preparation is required for this scan.
Neck Ultrasound Scan FAQ's
More information about the Neck Ultrasound Scan
To find out more about this scan and the areas / organs that are scanned as part of as well as ultrasound in general, you can head over to our knowledge centre by clicking the image or button.
- We will require details of your GP / Health Care Professional, which may be requested before or at the time of the scan.
- This scan requires access to the area of interest; therefore, it is recommended to wear loose clothing to facilitate this process.
- Study images may be available at an additional charge – more information and to request this can be found by clicking here.
- All our first line ultrasound scans are optional. You must be at least 16 years old and you should have no existing medical condition or treatment pending that relates to the scan you are booking. If you are in any doubt about having any type of scan, you should consult your GP.